CloudSEK rolls out security search engine for mobile apps BeVigil
CloudSEK announced the launch of BeVigil app, a revolutionary security search engine for mobile apps. This technology is designed to help users identify and avoid potentially dangerous apps, by providing them with detailed information about the security and privacy practices of their favourite mobile apps.
With the BeVigil App, users can easily search for apps by name and view detailed information about the app's security and privacy practices, including its permissions, data collection, and more.
"We believe that everyone has the right to know what happens to their personal data when they use mobile apps and how safe each of these apps are. That's why we created BeVigil, to give users the tools they need to make informed decisions about which apps to download and use,” said Rahul Sasi, co-founder and CEO, CloudSEK.
“BeVigil not only helps a user identify the security and risk of an app but our mobile app would also help bug bounty researchers to report bugs to different companies developing mobile apps which will help them improve the mobile security of the application. On the whole, we want BeVigil to contribute towards the security community by improving mobile security for all” Rahul Sasi added.
BeVigil is now available for free download on the Google Play Store. Download it and start keeping your mobile apps safe and secure. BeVigil has been running as a web application for the past year and has already scanned and scored over a million apps.
· Know the security score of any mobile app before installing it.
· Security Report: Search over 1 million apps and get a detailed security report covering all the security issues related to that mobile app.
· Real Time Notifications: Receive real-time notifications of new apps with the security score.
· Helps users figure out which permissions should be given to apps installed on their phones. BeVigil lists all the permissions used by installed apps on your mobile device and gives you the option to turn off unnecessary permissions.
· Provides comprehensive details about the trackers used in all mobile apps, giving you greater visibility into the data being collected.
· Pinpoints any exposed keys and URLs in mobile app software, which could result in data breaches if a hacker gains access to them.
· Capable of detecting any potential malware and vulnerabilities in mobile apps, thus protecting users from any potential security threats posed by hackers who seek to gain unauthorized access to their devices.
· It enables users to alert app developers to any security issues in their mobile app, providing them with a comprehensive report that can help them to quickly address and resolve these threats and ensure a secure experience for the user.
These features make BeVigil a powerful tool for keeping mobile apps safe and secure, and help users make informed decisions about which apps to download and use.
BeVigil helps in solving several big problems related to mobile app security and privacy.
See What’s Next in Tech With the Fast Forward Newsletter
Tweets From @varindiamag
Nothing to see here - yet
When they Tweet, their Tweets will show up here.