RSA releases Q1 2019 Fraud Report
RSA has released its Quarterly Fraud Report for the Q1 of 2019. The report contains fraud attack and consumer fraud data and analysis from the RSA Fraud and Risk Intelligence team. It represents a snapshot of the cyber fraud environment, providing actionable intelligence to consumer-facing organizations of all sizes and types to enable more effective digital risk management.
India stands second to U.S. on the list of list of top phishing hosting countries in this report.
For the period starting January 1, 2019 and ending March 31, 2019, RSA observed several global fraud trends across attack vectors and digital channels.
The highlights include -
* Phishing accounted for 29 percent of all fraud attacks observed by RSA in Q1. While overall phishing volume increased less than 1 percent quarter over quarter, in terms of overall fraud attacks, phishing decreased sharply due to the exponential growth of attacks from rogue mobile apps
* Fraud attacks from rogue mobile applications increased 300 percent, from 10,390 rogue apps in Q4 to 41,313 in Q1
* Fraud attacks introducing financial malware increased 56 percent, from 6,603 in Q4 to 10,331 in Q1
* Card-not-present (CNP) fraud transactions increased 17 percent last quarter, and 56 percent of those originated from the mobile channel. The average value of a CNP fraud transaction in the U.S. was $403, nearly double that of an average genuine transaction of $213
* RSA recovered over 14.2 million unique compromised cards in Q1, a 33 percent increase from the previous quarter.
Virescent Infrastructure collaborates with IBM and SAP to start its hybrid cloud journey
IBM announced that Virescent Infrastructure, a renewable energy platform backed by leading...
Aeris Communications announces Enterprise Voice Solution - Claerityai
Aeris Communications has launched the Enterprise Voice Solution – Claerityai –...
Zoom is coming with Innovations to Ignite the Next Era of Communications
Zoom has kicked off Zoomtopia 2021, unveiling plans for innovations across its platform de...
Trescon's World Cloud Show Comes Back to India for the 3rd Time with its 10th Global Edition
Taking place on 15 September 2021, the event will virtually convene India' leading Clo...
VIA unveils VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equipment Safety System at MINEXPO® 2021
VIA Technologies, Inc. today announced that it will unveil its new VIA Mobile360 Heavy Equ...
19th Infotech Forum highlights that the pandemic fast-tracked Digital Transformation escalating importance of data and security
Digital technology has transformed nearly every aspect of life, starting from travel, work...