Splunk’s analytics-driven security solutions providing a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity
Protection against cybercrime
At Splunk, we believe that, to ensure a strong security posture companies needs to:
● Define its security posture which includes a defined attack surface and the controls necessary to protect it.
● Establish its security posture which starts with an assessment of how effective the security controls are at reducing both the likelihood and impact of a breach
● Adopt a Standard Security Framework right from the start and keep measuring progress with time. Be it NIST, MITRE or Kill-chain, ensure that it suits your business requirements
● Manage its security posture in alignment with the strategy and outcomes of the business.
Approach to the current situation
Splunk’s analytics-driven security solutions provide a comprehensive approach to cybersecurity, including advanced techniques like machine learning and behavioral analytics. These techniques help security teams quickly identify, investigate, and respond to threats based on a broader security context than is possible with legacy security products. These solutions can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud or in a hybrid cloud deployment. Splunk solutions for security allow:
● Insider Threat Detection - Automatically detect insider threats using machine learning, behavior baselines, peer group analytics and behavior analytics
● Advanced Threat Detection - Use kill chain analysis to trace the different stages of an advanced threat, link the sequence of events and enable targeted remediation
● Fraud Detection and investigation - Detects, investigates and reports on a range of fraud, theft and abuse activities in real time.
● SIEM - SIEM solution ingests and combs through a high volume of data in mere seconds to find and alert on unusual behavior, offering real-time insight to protect the business. SIEM use cases such as incident review, incident management support, analytics and behavior profiling along with threat intelligence and ad-hoc search. Splunk is used by large enterprises for an end-to-end security operation – including posture assessment, monitoring, alert and incident handling, breach analysis and response, and event correlation. Intelligence and flexibility enables Security Operations Centers (SOC) of any size to operate effectively.
● Rapid Incident Investigations - Collaboration enables SOC analysts across an organization to rapidly investigate incidents using ad hoc searches with existing correlation rules based on all security relevant data. In one centralized view, analysts can investigate the activities of potential threat actors within the SIEM workflow, speeding up the time for incident response.
● Compliance Reporting - Creates correlation rules and reports to identify threats to sensitive data or key employees. It also automatically demonstrates compliance or identify areas of non-compliance in regards to technical controls
● Log Management - Consolidate, collect, store, index, search, correlate, visualize, analyze and report on any security relevant machine generated data to identify and quickly resolve security issues.
Through these integrations, teams can better detect, investigate and respond at machine speed across their multi-vendor security environments. A unified security posture ensures that an organisation combats threats efficiently.
See What’s Next in Tech With the Fast Forward Newsletter
Tweets From @varindiamag
Nothing to see here - yet
When they Tweet, their Tweets will show up here.