CITIC Telecom CPC Launches SmartCLOUD Object Storage Solution
CITIC Telecom International CPC Limited ("CITIC Telecom CPC"), a wholly owned subsidiary of CITIC Telecom International Holdings Limited (SEHK:1883), and Cloudian today announced that CITIC Telecom CPC is introducing SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution based on Cloudian's HyperStore object storage platform. The offering, which will be part of CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) solutions portfolio, includes backup with ransomware protection, archiving and big data management. As a VMware Cloud Provider Principal Partner with VMware Cloud Verified status, CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution further extends the array of service offerings running on a VMware-managed environment. CITIC Telecom CPC's customers will also benefit from Cloudian's limitlessly scalability, industry-leading security and cost effectiveness.
Enterprises face a growing challenge of efficiently storing and managing large volumes of unstructured data, including video and other multimedia content. At the same time, as data has become an increasingly strategic asset, it is also increasingly vulnerable to ransomware and other cyber attacks. As a result, CITIC Telecom CPC turned to Cloudian - via the VMware Cloud Provider Program - to provide a robust, modern storage foundation that would enable the company to continue delivering value-added services that address its customers' evolving data protection and management needs, including meeting various regulatory and compliance requirements.
CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution includes:
Ultra-secure data protection
- Offsite data backup with Object Lock for ransomware protection that creates an immutable data copy for fast, easy recovery of data in the event of an attack.
Data archive for compliance needs
- Addresses customers' regulatory and compliance requirements, including audits, with the ability to make data unchangeable for a set period of time.
- Customers gain multi-cloud accessibility to datasets running on S3-based applications for greater convenience with lower overhead.
Scalable big data management
- Provides highly scalable, cost-effective storage for large datasets, with advanced metadata that facilitates artificial intelligence, machine learning and other analytics applications.
Great variety of connectivity options
- Supports connection with Internet, VPN (such as MPLS), point-to-point leased line and cross-connection within the same datacenter and SmartCLOUD(TM) Cloud Services Centers.
Simple billing model
- Basically only includes storage and data transfer out; API call for data access is free of charge.
In addition to limitless scalability, benefits of Cloudian's award-winning HyperStore object storage include:
Fully native S3 compatibility
- Ensures seamless integration with the expanding ecosystem of S3-based applications.
- Including Object Lock-based data immutability, secure shell, RBAC/IAM access controls, AES-256 server-side encryption for data at rest and SSL for data in transit, as well as certification with the most rigorous international security requirements.
- Supports for secure, self-managed storage within a shared platform.
- Easy to manage storage across multiple locations, all from a single pane of glass.
"After considering various object storage solutions, we selected Cloudian for its rich feature set-particularly its geo-distribution, multi-tenancy and security-and its seamless integration with VMware," said Taylor Lam, Senior Vice President, Product Development & Management at CITIC Telecom CPC. "With the rising regulatory and compliance stringency on data management, we're excited about the new SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution for delivering a cost-effective storage service with enhanced data protection and management to our customers."
"CITIC Telecom CPC has been at the forefront in enabling enterprises to leverage new technologies to drive greater competitive advantage, strategic agility, and faster time to market," said Brian Burns, Vice President, Asia Pacific, at Cloudian. "We look forward to helping CITIC Telecom CPC continue to deliver on this strong customer commitment and further grow its business."
Capgemini India inks agreement with The Energy and Resources Institute
Capgemini India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with The Energy and Resourc...
Capco partners with Coherent to drive Digital Transformation within Insurance and Banking
Capco and Coherent announced a new partnership to provide innovative technology solutions...
Speakers and participants in 2nd Odias in ML Global Conference deliberate the 'what's and 'how's of tapping the AI/ML opportunity
Hosts of entrepreneurs, technologists, policymakers, academicians, and industry executives...
Splunk Cloud Platform welcomes in New Era of Data-Driven Transformation at .conf21
Splunk has announced the latest enhancements to Splunk Cloud Platform and Splunk Enterpris...
Countdown of ASIRT SYNERGY BUSINESS CONCLAVE - 2021
Since the announcement of the newly conceived ASIRT SYNERGY BUSINESS CONCLAVE (ASBC), even...