CITIC Telecom CPC Launches SmartCLOUD Object Storage Solution
CITIC Telecom International CPC Limited ("CITIC Telecom CPC"), a wholly owned subsidiary of CITIC Telecom International Holdings Limited (SEHK:1883), and Cloudian today announced that CITIC Telecom CPC is introducing SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution based on Cloudian's HyperStore object storage platform. The offering, which will be part of CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) solutions portfolio, includes backup with ransomware protection, archiving and big data management. As a VMware Cloud Provider Principal Partner with VMware Cloud Verified status, CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution further extends the array of service offerings running on a VMware-managed environment. CITIC Telecom CPC's customers will also benefit from Cloudian's limitlessly scalability, industry-leading security and cost effectiveness.
Enterprises face a growing challenge of efficiently storing and managing large volumes of unstructured data, including video and other multimedia content. At the same time, as data has become an increasingly strategic asset, it is also increasingly vulnerable to ransomware and other cyber attacks. As a result, CITIC Telecom CPC turned to Cloudian - via the VMware Cloud Provider Program - to provide a robust, modern storage foundation that would enable the company to continue delivering value-added services that address its customers' evolving data protection and management needs, including meeting various regulatory and compliance requirements.
CITIC Telecom CPC's SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution includes:
Ultra-secure data protection
- Offsite data backup with Object Lock for ransomware protection that creates an immutable data copy for fast, easy recovery of data in the event of an attack.
Data archive for compliance needs
- Addresses customers' regulatory and compliance requirements, including audits, with the ability to make data unchangeable for a set period of time.
- Customers gain multi-cloud accessibility to datasets running on S3-based applications for greater convenience with lower overhead.
Scalable big data management
- Provides highly scalable, cost-effective storage for large datasets, with advanced metadata that facilitates artificial intelligence, machine learning and other analytics applications.
Great variety of connectivity options
- Supports connection with Internet, VPN (such as MPLS), point-to-point leased line and cross-connection within the same datacenter and SmartCLOUD(TM) Cloud Services Centers.
Simple billing model
- Basically only includes storage and data transfer out; API call for data access is free of charge.
In addition to limitless scalability, benefits of Cloudian's award-winning HyperStore object storage include:
Fully native S3 compatibility
- Ensures seamless integration with the expanding ecosystem of S3-based applications.
- Including Object Lock-based data immutability, secure shell, RBAC/IAM access controls, AES-256 server-side encryption for data at rest and SSL for data in transit, as well as certification with the most rigorous international security requirements.
- Supports for secure, self-managed storage within a shared platform.
- Easy to manage storage across multiple locations, all from a single pane of glass.
"After considering various object storage solutions, we selected Cloudian for its rich feature set-particularly its geo-distribution, multi-tenancy and security-and its seamless integration with VMware," said Taylor Lam, Senior Vice President, Product Development & Management at CITIC Telecom CPC. "With the rising regulatory and compliance stringency on data management, we're excited about the new SmartCLOUD(TM) Object Storage solution for delivering a cost-effective storage service with enhanced data protection and management to our customers."
"CITIC Telecom CPC has been at the forefront in enabling enterprises to leverage new technologies to drive greater competitive advantage, strategic agility, and faster time to market," said Brian Burns, Vice President, Asia Pacific, at Cloudian. "We look forward to helping CITIC Telecom CPC continue to deliver on this strong customer commitment and further grow its business."
AVEVA joins hand with Maire Tecnimont Group for Digital Transformation
AVEVA has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with engineering, procurement and con...
Capgemini inks partnership with Airbus to enable a “Digital Workplace” transformation
Capgemini has signed a five-year contract with Airbus to support the redesign of its globa...
CoinDCX to organize Solana 'Virtual Hackathon' to boost India's DeFi Ecosystem
CoinDCX and Solana have jointly launched a Virtual Hackathon to encourage the crypto and b...
Huawei exclaims for Closer Public-Private Sector Cooperation
The St. Gallen Symposium, an annual gathering of current and future leaders from across th...
HUAWEI hosts its Women Developers Summit: Her Contributions
HUAWEI Women Developers Summit Guangzhou was successfully closed, in which women from diff...