Barracuda enables strong growth in cloud email security
Networks has announced product milestones and sales growth rates for its email protection business, which was accelerated by increased Office 365 adoption, and higher demand for Sentinel, Barracuda’s advanced technology that leverages API integration to protect businesses from spear phishing, account takeover, business email compromise and other advanced threats. Through innovations in detection efficacy and enhanced classifiers leveraging machine learning to counter the increased sophistication of advanced email threats, Sentinel annual recurring revenue grew 40 percent year-over-year at the end of Q4 FY2021.
Email protection solutions achieved notable revenue growth in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) markets with annual recurring revenue for email protection solutions growing in aggregate 65 percent year-over-year at the end of Q4 FY2021.
Don MacLennan, SVP of Engineering and Product Management, Email Protection, at Barracuda, says, “We continued to see great momentum across our email protection solutions last fiscal year. With increased risk of socially-engineered attacks like conversation hijacking, business email compromise and account takeover, and the growing demand for protecting customer data in the cloud, we are delivering innovative solutions that provide comprehensive protection for our customers. We were the first to bring to market an API-based inbox defense solution, Sentinel, that integrates directly with Office 365 to detect advanced email threats.”
Recent Barracuda Email Protection Highlights:
· Customers: Barracuda currently serves more than 71,500 email security customers worldwide. New customers in Barracuda’s last fiscal year include Syntra, Vaderstad, Gateway Mechanical, Curtins, Generator Power, Sight Scotland, and NCOI Opleidingen.
· Mailboxes: 5 million Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes are monitored and protected by Barracuda Sentinel, which represents 58 percent annual growth in the number of mailboxes.
Recent Barracuda Email Protection MSP Highlights:
· MSP Email Protection Growth:
o Overall annual recurring revenue (ARR) for Barracuda MSP’s email protection solutions grew 66 percent year-over-year, at the end of Q4 FY2021.
o The fastest growing part of the MSP email protection portfolio is Sentinel, which had an ARR growth of 129 percent at the end of Q4 FY2021.
· Advanced Email Security Integrations:
o Sentinel, and Forensics and Incident Response have been integrated into the ECHO platform, our management and configuration console, to enable MSPs to easily provide Barracuda’s Total Email Protection suite of products on behalf of customers.
Recent Barracuda Email Protection Innovation Highlights:
· Forensics and Incident Response: Available as part of the Barracuda Total Email Protection offering, the solution automates threat hunting and remediation processes. Recent enhancements include proactive threat discovery leveraging threat intelligence from our community of over 200,000 customers, and user behavioral insights to quickly contain threats and target training to vulnerable users.
· Email Threat Scanner: Redesigned scan tool to help businesses detect email threats such as spear phishing, business email compromise, conversation hijacking, services impersonation, and others. Enhancements include refreshed dashboard with scan preview page, access to early results and improved reporting of detected threats. To date, over 17,000 organizations and 14.5 million mailboxes have been scanned for threats.
· Cloud-to-Cloud Backup: New version of the solution for Office 365 data backup, offering scalability for enterprise organizations, faster backup and restore performance, and support for additional data sources. It offers comprehensive Office 365 protection across SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange and improved support for Teams.
· PhishLine: Enhancements to security awareness training solution include real-time analytics of user progress on training modules, Office 365 connector to enable list creation for simulation campaigns, and multi-language support for hundreds of new simulation templates.
Accenture introduces myNav Green Cloud Advisor
Accenture has launched Green Cloud Advisor, a new capability for the Accenture myNav platf...
Citrix gains recognition for delivering Secure Remote Access Solutions
Citrix Systems has announced its being recognized among the most important and innovative...
Trend Micro announces 'Partner Ninja' Program for Channels at the Partner Day 2021
Trend Micro Incorporated recently held its virtual regional partner conference, Partn...
The post-pandemic world reshaping the security challenges
Plus, there are many advantages in storing data centrally and off-premise when it comes...
Dreamforce Everywhere: Salesforce Announces the First Global Dreamforce
Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the global leader in CRM, today announced the first-ever global Dr...