element14 expands Power Integrations portfolio with InnoSwitch3
element14 has strengthened its portfolio of Power Integrations products to include the InnoSwitch3 IC family, featuring PowiGaN technology. This new product offering increases the number of GaN-based solutions available from element14 to support design engineers developing new products that require greater energy efficiency.
Power Integrations’ PowiGaN technology reduces switching losses, enabling chargers, adapters and open frame power supplies to be more efficient, smaller and lighter than conventional silicon alternatives. PowiGaN-based ICs achieve up to 95 percent efficiency across the full load range and up to 100 W in enclosed adapter implementations without requiring a heatsink. Common applications include:
· Auxiliary, standby and bias power supplies for appliances and white goods
· Computers and consumer products
· Utility meters
· Smart grid
· Industrial power supplies
The InnoSwitch3 product family features EcoSmart energy efficiency, ensuring devices can easily meet global energy efficiency regulations. All products in the portfolio incorporate multiple protection features including line overvoltage and undervoltage protection, output overvoltage and over-current limiting, and over-temperature shutdown. InnoSwitch3 products now available from element14 include:
· The InnoSwitch3-EP family dramatically simplifies the design and manufacture of flyback power converters, particularly those requiring high efficiency and/or compact size. It combines primary and secondary controllers and safety-rated feedback into a single IC. Devices are available with standard and peak power delivery options, and commonly used auto-restart protection behaviours.
· The InnoSwitch3-Pro family enables the development of fully programmable, highly efficient power supplies in compact enclosures. The universal I²C interface aids dynamic control of output voltage and current, along with many configurable features. Telemetry provides reporting of programmed features and fault modes. InnoSwitch3-Pro ICs are ideal for AC-DC power supply applications where fine output voltage and current adjustment are necessary.
· The InnoSwitch3-CP family incorporates a high-voltage primary-side switch, primary and secondary controllers, and safety-rated feedback into a single IC. These devices offer a constant power profile and support the common combinations of latching and auto-restart behaviours required by applications such as quick charge and USB PD designs. The devices are available with and without cable-drop compensation.
InnoSwitch3 ICs, including EP, Pro and CP, are also available without PowiGaN technology, combining primary, secondary and feedback circuits in a single surface-mounted off-line flyback switcher IC.
Lee Turner, Global Head of Semiconductors and Single Board Computing, at element14 says, “We are pleased to expand our range of innovative solutions from Power Integrations to include the InnoSwitch3, featuring PowiGaN technology. The company’s range of highly integrated chips have the potential to eliminate millions of electronic components from AC-DC power supplies, gate drivers and LED lights while improving the efficiency of end-products. InnoSwitch3 ICs enable our customers to design products that can achieve efficient transmission and consumption of power in applications ranging from milliwatts to megawatts.”
element14 offers an extensive range of products in its comprehensive semiconductor portfolio to support design engineers. Customers also have free access to online resources, datasheets, application notes, videos, webinars and 24/5 technical support.
The portfolio of Power Integrations’ InnoSwitch3 products featuring PowiGaN technology is now available from Farnell in EMEA, element14 in APAC and Newark in North America
TeamViewer expands partnership with RealWear
TeamViewer announced a major expansion of its partnership with RealWear, a provider of ass...
Arcserve extends its SaaS Backup offerings
Arcserve announced it has extended its SaaS Backup offering to provide simple, secure, and...
Crayon Software Experts India hosts Crayon Connect CIO Event 2022
Crayon Software Experts India has organized their flagship customer event, the Crayon Conn...
BPE Celebrates 22 years of Trust, Leadership & Success
Best Power Equipments (BPE) celebrated its 22nd anniversary on Saturday, 23 July 2022, at...
India Mobile Congress declares the schedule for 6th edition of the IMC
Hon’ble Minister of Communications, Electronics & Information Technology and Rai...