Fortinet introduces FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls
Fortinet(NASDAQ:FTNT) has announced its new high-performance FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), comprised of FortiGate 3600E, FortiGate 3400E, FortiGate 600E and FortiGate 400E Series, enabling organizations to implement Intent-based Segmentation into their security architecture.
The combination of business growth, workloads migrating to multiple clouds and increasing cyberattacks makes it difficult for organizations to maintain a robust security architecture that effectively implements consistent security policy across all network environments. Having flat networks with a single enforcement point further compounds this problem by making it easier for cybercriminals to get inside the network. Once inside, they become part of the trusted zone, allowing them to quickly spread threats laterally. It’s extremely hard to detect and contain these cybercriminals as they move deeper into the network, resulting in cascading risks and exfilteration of valuable data.
As existing security strategies are failing to keep pace with a complex security landscape, organizations are seeking adaptive and predictive protection that prevents the spread of threats throughout the network. With Intent-based Segmentation, organizations achieve adaptive security by intelligently segmenting IT assets in accordance with the business intent, like addressing compliance, by having multiple enforcement points. Adaptive protection is achieved by implementing granular access control based on varying trust levels and high-performance advanced security.
Fortinet is making it easier for organizations to adopt Intent-based Segmentation with the introduction of its new high-performance FortiGate NGFWs, which include FortiGate 3600E, FortiGate 3400E, FortiGate 600E and FortiGate 400E Series. As part of Fortinet’s Security Fabric, the new FortiGate NGFWs give organizations an integrated and consistent security policy across on-premise and cloud assets. Powered by customized Security Processor Units (SPUs), the new FortiGate NGFWs provide full visibility and advanced threat protection without the fear of performance degradation.
Other benefits of FortiGate E-Series include –
* FortiGate 3600E Series deliver 30Gbps threat protection performance and 34Gbps SSL inspection performance. With high-density interfaces of 10G, 40G and 100G, it offers product consolidation and meets the needs of diverse deployments. Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls offer one of the industry’s highest marked SSL inspection performance and threat protection throughput.
* The FortiGate 3400E Series provide 23Gbps threat protection performance and 30Gbps SSL inspection performance. Combined with high-density interfaces of 10G, 40G, 100G, the FortiGate 3400E Series meet the needs of a variety of deployments by offering input/output flexibility, reducing complexity to achieve operational efficiency.
* FortiGate 600E Series achieve 7Gbps threat protection and 8Gbps of SSL inspection performance with diverse 1G and 10G interfaces, allowing deployment flexibility.
* FortiGate 400E Series deliver 5Gbps threat protection and 4.8Gbps SSL inspection performance with high 1G port density to suit the needs of branch offices.
* The new FortiGate NGFWs, as part of Fortinet’s Security Fabric, leverage Fabric Connectors to seamlessly integrate with external security ecosystems, sharing threat intelligence quickly for automated remediation. Fabric Connectors provide open APIs, allowing the FortiGate NGFWs to integrate with third-party solutions and Fabric-Ready Partners. This gives users advanced high-performance security integration with industry leading solutions, such as VMWare NSX and Cisco ACI.
Rajesh Maurya, Regional Vice-President, India & SAARC, Fortinet, comments, “Segmentation is becoming as fundamental as patching vulnerable systems. Intent-based Segmentation aligns business goals with infrastructure changes and ultimately, dynamically separates infrastructure to protect users, data and systems. A fundamental element of Intent-based Segmentation is the high-performance NGFW. The new FortiGate 3400E and 3600E Series provide industry-leading threat protection and SSL inspection performance, allowing customers to implement a holistic end-to-end architecture.”