Garmin unveils the Tactical edition of the rugged, reliable outdoor GPS smartwatch Instinct series
Garmin India has announced the Tactical edition of its rugged, reliable outdoor GPS smartwatch Instinct-Tactical Edition, which is loaded with advanced features to make outdoor activities more informative and data-rich. The smartwatch is priced at INR 31,990.
Built for the true outdoor enthusiast, the Tactical edition supports users with premium features like Jumpmaster, Dual Position Format, Night Vision, and Stealth Mode along with other preloaded tactical activities.
Ali Rizvi, Director, Garmin India says, “Garmin Instinct marked the first offering from Garmin India in the lifestyle segment when it was introduced and we are excited to see how it has become the preferred partner of all the adventure seekers. Now, the Instinct - Tactical Edition comes laden with added tactical features including Jumpmaster, Dual Position Format, Night Vision & Stealth Mode, to further provide more in-depth data and support to the users while exploring outdoor rugged interests.”
Designed to withstand the toughest environments, the Instinct Tactical comes with built-in navigation sensors, multiple global navigation satellite systems, GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo, to support in tracking more challenging environments than relying solely on GPS. It monitors heart rate¹, activity, and stress, providing preloaded activity profiles for training and allow users to stay connected with smart notifications². Exploring the outdoors, users can activate the TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to the starting point or even plan trips in advance with the Garmin Explore website.
Users can enjoy a peace of mind in the outdoors as the battery life of Instinct Tactical lasts 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode, up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode, so all activities will be recorded on the device.
* Built to endure: This rugged, reliable outdoor GPS watch is built to the U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters). The fiber-reinforced polymer case adds strength and durability, and the chemically strengthened, scratch-resistant display is readable in bright sunlight. The “night vision mode,” reduces backlight settings to a level that doesn't interfere with the operation of night vision goggles. The fully vented silicone bands include two independent, removable keeper loops to ensure a secure fit.
* GPS you can count on: GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite network capability tracks in more challenging environments than GPS alone. The built-in three-axis compass and barometric altimeter help users keep their bearings. Take the guesswork out of return journey by using the TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to start.
* Tactical functionality: Enable the Stealth Mode to stop storing and sharing GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication. Access projected waypoints and a dual-format GPS coordinate data page that supports display of MGRS, degrees/minutes/seconds and more.
* Monitor and train: Instinct – Tactical Edition GPS smartwatch monitors heart rate, activity and stress throughout the day to keep track of the user’s daily activity level. Equipped with pre-loaded activity profiles, users can enjoy running, biking, swimming and more. It also has mission-specific training options, including Jumpmaster and a preloaded tactical activity.
* Add global connectivity: Pair Instinct with an InReach device so that the watch can display messages received on inReach device and send preset messages using inReach satellite communication technology. Get weather alerts to stay up to date with changes in environment. Plus, users can trigger an SOS alert to contact the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team.