Micro Focus brings Hybrid Cloud Management X
Micro Focus has announced the release of Hybrid Cloud Management X (HCMX), cloud-native, multi-tenant cloud management platform that can run in the public cloud or on-premises. As companies deliver on digital transformation (DX) strategies, Micro Focus HCMX provides cloud service consumption in a single view with analytics-based recommendations for discount management, enabling customers to easily achieve the benefits of speed, scale, agility and cost reduction while leveraging existing on-premises investments.
Saurabh Saxena, Country Director – India, Micro Focus, comments, “Enterprises are betting big on cutting-edge hybrid cloud solutions and tools to address the unprecedented challenges that have risen in the wake of the ongoing pandemic. However, the sheer number of tools and services in use often increases operational complexity, leading to issues with user experience, ease-of-usage, and increased cost. Hybrid Cloud Management X is meant to address these challenges by providing an intuitive and well-integrated platform for managing multi-cloud and on-premises IT environments. Through this new release, we enable enterprises to enforce cloud governance, provide comprehensive fulfillment orchestration to speed up application delivery, and improve operational efficiency in the new reality.”
Key enhancements and capabilities of Micro Focus HCMX include:
· A unified portal and catalog for all services: Employees can easily find, request and consume information and enterprise services, as HCMX is now built on the same architecture as Micro Focus SMAX, sharing services such as natural language processing, smart search and virtual agents.
· Smart search and AI-based conversational virtual agent: Improve each user’s experience at a lower cost with more consistency, by providing automated service and guidance to employees, as well as complementing catalog browsing.
· Reusable service designs: Simplify service catalog maintenance with a single design that automates the fulfillment of service requests via ad-hoc selection of parameters and service options. These can be sophisticated end-to-end services, as it orchestrates across the fulfillment engines of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware and other applications and infrastructure.
· Robust, out-of-the-box orchestration: Minimize the workload on IT teams by automating fulfillment processes throughout the lifecycle, based on a large library of out-of-the box workflows.
· Dynamic, governance rules: Incorporate policies into a task plan that triggers a variety of automated workflows based on user input, resulting in a dynamically customized cloud service.
William Fellows, Research Director, 451 Research, part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, says, “Micro Focus Hybrid Cloud Management has been extended to provide end-to-end service fulfillment and governance across hybrid and multi-cloud environments, including day 2 operation actions. It addresses public cloud overspending, slow internal resource delivery, the complexity of building and deploying hybrid IT, and the management of siloed tools.”
Tom Goguen, Micro Focus Chief Product Officer, says, “The complexity of multiple tools and catalogs used to create a service, provision and manage its lifecycle and service costs slows down DX efforts and drives up costs.With HCMX you can simplify the user experience for developers and business users so that it is entirely intuitive, while presenting one view of service consumption for single, multi-cloud, and on-premises environments.”